Important information related to the Korona pandemic!
Travel insurance covers cancellations and return trips in line with the authorities' travel advice
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs discourages travel that is not strictly necessary, this advice applies to all countries in the world. The advice is valid until August the 20th. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs also says that they will re-evaluate the advice by June 15th. for travel to other Nordic countries and by July the 20th. for travel to nearby European countries. We thus still cover cancellations to all countries - regardless of the travel date.
If the Ministry of Foreign Affairs cancels the travel advice to where you are going, we give you an additional 7 days after the cancellation to cancel the travel with airline / tour operator in order to receive compensation with us.
Keep in mind that travel insurance does not apply to the countries that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs recommends to travel, even though these countries have lifted the entry ban. At present, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs discourages traveling to all countries.
Find the information you need in the links below and report your case on our website rather than calling.
Have you already notified us?
Then you don't have to do anything. We will handle your case as soon as possible.
Cancellation of planned trip
Cancellation deadlines, what travel insurance covers and how to report the case:
Evacuation home from abroad
About evacuation from abroad, what the travel insurance covers and how to report the case:
Evacuation from abroad.
You should contact your nearest Norwegian foreign service if you need assistance abroad.
Use our emergency telephone only if you need urgent medical assistance abroad: + 47 21 49 50 00
Other useful information
- If you need help from the Norwegian authorities and you are in another country, you should contact your nearest Norwegian foreign service. If you are far from such a station, contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (UD) by phone +47 23 95 00 00 or by e-mail UDops@mfa.no
- If you need emergency medical assistance abroad, you can call our emergency phone: + 47 21 49 50 00
- In cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, we recommend that all Norwegians who are now in another country register on the government's website www.reiseregistrering.no
- Questions and answers about coronavirus at helsenorge.no
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs Travel Council