Evacuation from abroad - Corona pandemic
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs encourages all Norwegian citizens traveling abroad to consider returning home as soon as possible.
Here's how to evacuate from abroad and go home
- Contact your airline or tour operator to book your return trip
- Cancel any hotel accommodation you may not use
- Explain what you get reimbursed by the airline / tour operator / hotel, so you have an overview of what expenses you may have left with yourself
- Report the case to us online
What can travel insurance cover if you have to go home?
- Additional expenses for re-booking of prepaid return that you do not get covered by airline / tour operator
- Prepaid accommodation costs that you cannot use and that you cannot reimburse from a hotel / tour operator
- Compensation for canceled / lost holidays
This is not covered by the travel insurance
- If you travel abroad on March 14 and for as long as the Foreign Travel Council applies
- Return costs if you do not have a prepaid return ticket
- Costs incurred before the Foreign Ministry's advice on evacuation were given on 14 March
- Return costs if you have not used a new ticket offered by the airline / tour operator
What does the airline / tour operator cover?
- If prepaid return / hotel is canceled, you are entitled to refund from airline / tour operator / hotel
- If prepaid return / hotel is not canceled, you must first investigate the possibility of rebooking your return trip / canceling hotel with airline / tour operator / hotel
When will you respond to your injury case?
We now have a huge amount of traffic, and it may take several weeks before we get back to you. But you can be assured that you will receive help, we will take care of all matters. We ask you to be patient in this particular situation.
How do you report the case to us?
Apply for compensation by reporting your case to us online.
Have this ready when you seek compensation
- BankID / BankID on mobile
- Social security number for the persons in the traveling party for which you are seeking compensation
- Overview / receipts of your additional expenses that you wish to be reimbursed